The design incorporates a cafe, training and seminar offices, pond/ swale and vegetable and herb gardens.
A sedum roof canopy forms a covered working space.
A clear environmental strategy for the design includes:
- Sustainability provisions
- Super insulated building envelope
- Natural cross ventilation - Summer cooling
- Landscape pond provides climate control to courtyard and rainwater collection for plants
- Solar thermal and PV panels and woodchip boiler provide energy
efficient electricity and heating
- Green roof for rainwater attenuation and biodiversity
- Barn Owl and Bat boxes